The Jamestown-Scotland Ferry operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including major holidays.
We are currently operating under the fall/winter/spring schedule. Please check the schedule prior to arriving at the docks as ferry departure times vary. The ferry does not always depart on the half-hour and hour.
- Fall, Winter, and Spring Schedule (Starting Sept. 12, 2022)
- Summer Schedule (May 27 to Sept. 12, 2022)
For ferry traffic updates and operational status, call 1-800-VA-Ferry/1-800-823-3779.
On Christmas Day (December 25), the ferry runs on the hour in Surry and on the half-hour in Jamestown.
16289 Rolfe Highway
Surry, Virginia 23883-3102
Scotland Geo-coordinates :
LAT 37º 11’6” N, LONG 76º 47’ 4”
2110 Jamestown Road
Williamsburg, Virginia 23185
LAT 37º 13’ 11” N, LONG 76º 47’ 30 W
- Height: 12 feet 6 inches
- Width: Legal limits for highway travel
- Length: Legal limits for highway travel
- Weight: 16 tons for large trucks, 28 tons for semi-tractor combinations
- The ferry can only transport liquid or materials that are not required to display a HAZMAT placard as required by Department of Transportation rules.
The Jamestown-Scotland Ferry fleet is made up of four ferries:
Jamestown Scotland Ferry
P.O. Box 26, Surry, VA 23883