Route 234 Business (Sudley Road) STARS StudyAssessing improvements between Battleview Parkway and Godwin Drive in Prince William County
Est Completion Date
Lengths and Limits
Battleview Pkwy to Godwin Dr (3 mi)
Bobby Mangalath, P.E.
Angel Tao, P.E.
About the Study
Please note: The final report is now available. The report's appendices are available by request.
This STARS (Strategically Targeted Affordable Roadway Solutions) study assessed potential operational, safety and accessibility improvements for nearly three miles of Route 234 Business (Sudley Road) between Battleview Parkway and Godwin Drive in Manassas. The final report was published in February 2023.
The final report recommendations include:
- A new northbound sidewalk between the eastbound I-66 on-ramps and Vandor Lane, and a new southbound sidewalk between the I-66 eastbound off-ramps and Balls Ford Road
- Constructing the missing southbound sidewalk segment between Coverstone Drive and Rosemary Drive
- New/additional pedestrian crossings at Vandor Lane, I-66 westbound off-ramp, I-66 eastbound ramps, Balls Ford Road, Sudley Manor Drive, Lomond Drive, Crestwood Drve, Irongate Way and Sunnygate Drive
- Additional southbound through lane between the I-66 eastbound ramps and Balls Ford Road
- New turn lanes at Vandor Lane, Lomond Drive, Crestwood Drive, Portsmouth Road, Rixlew Lane/Manaport Plaza and Godwin Drive
This study does not set construction dates for any improvements, but develops proposed improvements that localities can pursue for funding.
Route 234 Business (Sudley Road) averages about 43,000 vehicles a day within the study limits.
Begin Study - December 2020
First Round of Virtual Public Involvement - June 2021
Second Round of Virtual Public Involvement - December 2021-January 2022
Final Report/Study Completion - February 2023
Final Report - February 2023
Second Round of Virtual Public Involvement English Presentation, Spanish Presentation and News Release - December 2021-January 2022
First Round of Virtual Public Involvement English Presentation, Spanish Presentation and News Release - June 2021