Proposed: Hydraulic Road and U.S. 29 Transportation Improvements
Cost and schedule ►
Public outreach ►
A public hearing for this project is scheduled for:
Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 5-7 p.m.
Hillsdale Conference Center
550 Hillsdale Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22901
Inclement weather date: Thursday, May 26, 2022
VDOT proposes to construct multiple transportation improvements in the Hydraulic Road and U.S. 29 area.
Through this design-build project, VDOT proposes to
- construct a pedestrian bridge over U.S. 29 with bus stops and shelters near Zan Road
- construct a signalized pedestrian crossing and reconfigured traffic movements at the Hydraulic Road and U.S. 29 intersection
- reconstruct the Angus Road and U.S. 29 intersection as a continuous green-T (CGT) intersection,
- reconstruct the Hillsdale and Hydraulic Road intersection as a roundabout
- improve access management at the Hydraulic Road/Brandywine Drive and Hydraulic Road/Michie Drive intersections
This project is fully funded through the SMART SCALE process.
The proposed improvements will improve safety and traffic flow, and enhance mobility for pedestrians.
Harold Jones, P.E.
Other relevant links:
Public Hearing Brochure (6.6 MB)
Public Hearing Comment Sheet ( 280 KB)
Public Hearing Display 1 (2.6 MB)
Public Hearing Display 2 (3.1 MB)
Public Hearing Display 3 (1 MB)
Public Hearing Display 4 (3.1 MB)
Public Hearing Display 5 (1.9 MB)
Public hearing advertisement (43 KB)
FHWA Roundabout information (619 KB)
Major funding source: SMART SCALE
State ID: 0029-M03-371, P101, R201, C501
Federal ID: STP-5104(299)
Lat/Long: 38.06202282134502, -78.49158046340267
Locality: Albemarle and Charlottesville