Much of the business conducted by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) is a matter of public record, and there is some business that VDOT is required to make available to citizens. Those items, as well as meetings that are open to the public, can be found here.
Public hearings meetings and events
There are numerous types of public meetings and hearings available for citizen participation.
There are guidelines that must be followed for public comment at CTB meetings. Other public hearings and events are listed on this calendar as well.
Citizens may also search the CTB archives for minutes of meetings dating back to 1920.
VDOT has a Public Involvement Manual that details the agency's responsibilities to the public when it comes to public meetings and hearings.
Learn about the public involvement process for transportation planning and programming here.
Know your road
- Check Dashboard for schedule and budget status on all VDOT projects
- Find out what projects are included in the Six-Year Improvement Program
- Find out how a road gets built. Be a part of the process.
- Check this page for public hearing dates on the revision of VDOT's Subdivision Street Requirements
- Read VDOT news releases
- View VDOT Annual Budget Report and other financial information
If you want to express your opinion about a VDOT project or policy, e-mail us at VDOTinfo@VirginiaDOT.org.