VDOT News - Northern Virginia
Michelle Holland 703-586-0487
Sept. 10, 2021
Stringfellow Road Under I-66 Reduced to a Single Travel Lane in Each Direction During Overnight Hours September 13-18
Stringfellow Road ramps to and from I-66 East and West will also be closed
FAIRFAX - Stringfellow Road under I-66 will operate in a single lane in each direction during the overnight hours Monday, September 13, through Thursday, September 16, from 10 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. nightly, and Friday, September 17, and Saturday, September 18, from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly for signal construction. Two-way traffic will alternate running in the northbound or southbound lanes based on construction progress. The Stringfellow Road ramps to and from I-66 East and West will also be closed. This work is part of the Transform 66 Outside the Beltway Project.
Drivers should expect delays if traveling in this area and consider using alternate routes.
Monday, September 13, through Saturday, September 18:
Stringfellow Road North and South between Fair Lakes Boulevard and Westbrook Drive/Village Square Drive
- Stringfellow Road will be reduced to one travel lane in each direction from 10 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. Monday through Thursday nights, and from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Friday and Saturday nights.
- Two-way traffic will alternate running in the northbound or southbound travel lanes depending upon construction progress.
- All lanes will reopen by 4:30 a.m. weekdays and by 6 a.m. weekends.
Ramp from I-66 West to Stringfellow Road
Ramp from Stringfellow Road to I-66 East
- The ramps will be closed from 10 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. Monday through Thursday nights, and from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Friday and Saturday nights.
- The ramps will reopen by 4:30 a.m. weekdays and by 6 a.m. weekends.
All work is weather dependent and will be rescheduled if inclement conditions occur.
The I-66 bridges over Stringfellow Road are being widened to accommodate the new I-66 Express Lanes and provide room for any future mass transit along I-66.
Weekly updates will be available at Transform66.org and on Twitter @VaDOTNOVA. To receive project updates automatically by email, sign up here.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.