Congratulations on your new job with the Virginia Department of Transportation. We are excited you have chosen to join us!
To understand what to expect and come prepared, review each section below:
Prior to your first day:
Your first day:
- Bring a beverage and snack to New Employee Orientation where you will:
- Learn about VDOT’s history and mission.
- Connect with other new hires.
- Complete required verification, payroll, and benefits forms.
- Be sure to bring your government issued identification and social security card with you.
- Receive your badge, keys, personal protective equipment (PPE) and other work-related items.
Your first month:
- Meet with your supervisor to review your job duties, expectations, and Performance Plan.
- Learn about the organization, meet your colleagues and complete required training.
- Finalize your benefit selections or decline coverage.
It's normal to be a little nervous when starting a new job. Don't worry, through our "Connecting You" program, we've got you covered. If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com and we'll connect you to the right person.