Congratulations on your new job! We hope you're excited to join us at the Virginia Department of Transportation.
Here is everything you need to know before you begin you begin with us. Carefully read and review each section below.
What To Expect
Prior to your first day:
- Your supervisor will contact you to coordinate a meeting time and location.
- Teleworkers will arrange a way with your supervisor to pick up the equipment you need.
- Learn about the benefits available to you as a state employee.
- Check out our employee handbook.
On your first day:
- You will attend a new employee orientation, either in person or virtually.
- You must have Form I-9, acceptable verifications documents AND your Social Security Card with you
- A human resources representative will review documents, collect missing paperwork and answer benefits questions.
- You’ll receive your badge, keys, personal protective equipment and other items.
- During your first month:
- Your supervisor will go over your job duties and expectations and provide you with a Performance Plan. (On Day 2)
- You’ll elect or decline coverage and return your benefits forms and documents.
- You’ll spend much of your first few weeks learning the organization, meeting people and getting established with training.
It's normal to be nervous when starting a job. Don't worry. We've got you covered. Concerns? Questions? Not heard from your
supervisor? Contact email@example.com.