Structure and Bridge Division
On behalf of the dedicated men and women associated with the Virginia Department of Transportation's Structure and Bridge Division, I welcome you to our web page.
It is our hope that the information we provide will assist you by providing accurate, timely and useful information to meet your business needs and to enhance your understanding of and interest in our program.
We appreciate any comments you have to assist us in improving this service to you.
Contact the Help Desk with your suggestions.
Gregory Henion, P.E.
State Structure and Bridge Engineer
VDOT Structure and Bridge Division
1401 E. Broad St., Richmond, Virginia 23219
- Instructional and Informational Memoranda 102 – Tunnel Operations, Maintenance, and Inspection Responsibilities
- The following Instructional and Informational Memoranda have been sunset:
- S&B-23.2 Welding and Splicing of Load Carrying Members
- S&B 49.2 Highway Project Identifiers
- S&B 65.2 Metric Conversion – Structure Design Guidelines
- S&B 80.5 VDOT Modifications to AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, 7th Edition
- S&B 83 Bridge Touchdown Points
- Manual of the Structure and Bridge Division – Parts 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 12 - posted 4/28/2023
- Manual of the Structure and Bridge Division – Part 2, Chapters 1, 2, 3, 8, 12, 14, 23 and 26 - posted 4/28/2023