Location and Design Division
L&D Home • Business Administration • CADD Support • GeoSpatial Program • Hydraulics and Utilities Project Management Office • Roadway Design and Special Projects • Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance • Traffic Design • Water Resources Program
The Statewide Location and Design Team is responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of quality engineered highway construction plans for projects that are part of the department’s Six-Year Improvement Program.
Our statewide staff is organized into nine Construction Districts, which are responsible for project management and design as well as a Central Office staff responsible for the development, implementation, and oversight of project management, design and plan development policies, procedures, and technical guidance as well as the associated training necessary to implement those. Central Office staff supports the Districts with additional roadway engineering and design, hydraulics and river mechanics engineering and design, and traffic engineering design to advance plan development and project delivery.
Our team of highway engineering professionals and business staff includes experts in the fields of roadway geometric design, hydraulics and river mechanics, stormwater management/MS4, GIS survey and photogrammetry, traffic engineering design, landscape architecture, project management, design technologies (CADD support), safety hardware, engineered standards, policies and procedures, general business, and consultant contract administration.
- Erosion and Sediment Control Contractor Certification (ESCCC) - 9/28/2023
- August Revision to VDOT's Road Design Manual - 8/14/2023
- July 2023 Road Design Manual Revision - July 19, 2023
- Virtual GRIT Classes are Now Being Offered Monthly - 7/10/2023
- Cost Estimate Workbook (CEWB) - Version 2.2 - 7/6/2023
- SHED-5 -VDOT Owned and Maintained SWM Facilities Final - 7/3/2023
- VDOT CADD Training for Consultants and Contractors
- OpenRoads Designer (ORD) Connect Edition
- ProjectWise Access / Reset Password
- ProjectWise Account for Consultant Users
- ProjectWise Account for Contractors