VDOT's Civil Rights Division
The Civil Rights Division is committed to ensuring equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of Virginia Department of Transportation’s (VDOT) programs, services and employment practices.
As a public agency, VDOT is responsible for the assurance of full public participation and benefits derived from highway construction and related activities.
Through internal and external programs and activities, the VDOT Civil Rights Division provides public services ensuring design, procurement, and contracting inclusion; community and cultural awareness; a diverse workforce; and fair employment practices.
For Your Information
- Civil Rights Contacts
- Business Opportunity and Workforce Development (BOWD) Center
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
- Proposed Virginia DBE Goal Setting Methodology
- VDOT / DBE Task Force
Civil Rights Internal Programs (VDOT Workforce)
VDOT is committed to creating a workforce culture of inclusion that values and promotes diversity and equal employment opportunity for all individuals.
VDOT is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect among its employees; and encourages each employee to strive to reach his/her own potential.
Civil Rights External Programs
External Civil Rights Programs are responsible for the administration of all programs related to non-discrimination, affirmative action, and equal opportunity, related to VDOT contracting activities using federal funds.
The primary programs include Title VI Non-discrimination, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise, Contract Compliance, and On the Job Training.
External Civil Rights Programs are guided by federal and state civil rights laws and regulations and various other department policies.
- Title VI Program
- ADA - 504
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program (DBE)
- Locally administered projects – DBE uniform report – training presentation
- DBE Program Statement of Commitment
- DBE Program Plan
- DBE Directory
- DBE Project Goal Setting Methodology
- Commercially Useful Function
- DBE Supportive Services
- VDOT/DBE Task Force
- DBE Transportation Training Symposium
- Contract Compliance Program
- VDOT Small Business Enterprise Program (VSBEP)
- Workforce Development