VDOT’s Annual Budget for Fiscal Year 2024
The Fiscal Year 2024 budget for the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) identifies the estimated revenues and the distribution of the revenues to the related transportation programs.
It is based on the state revenue forecast from December 2022 and reflects implementation of federal funding provided under the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA).
The VDOT Budget for FY 2024 totals $8,669,574,775 a 3.8% increase over the Second Revised FY 2023 VDOT Budget of $8,351,976,310.
- $398.7 million – Debt service
- $2.7 billion – Road maintenance and operations (includes city and county street payments)
- $763.9 million – Support to other agencies, tolls, administration and other programs
- $34.7 million – Public Transportation and Rail
- $3.7 billion – Construction
- $1.03 billion – Funding dedicated to Northern Virginia, Hampton Roads and Central Virginia Regions for local and regional transportation projects
$8.7 billion – Total VDOT annual budget