Under Construction: Little River Turnpike and Guinea Road Intersection Improvements in Fairfax County
Cost and schedule ►
Traffic alerts ►
During construction, lane closures on Little River Turnpike and Guinea Road are allowed on the following weekly schedule:
- Monday through Thursday: 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Monday night through Thursday night: 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Friday:9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday night:10 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Saturday night:10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Sunday night:10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Public outreach ►
Please note: The improvements are now open.
This project made improvements at the intersection of Little River Turnpike (Route 236) and Guinea Road (Route 651), including:
- Creating a free-flow right-turn lane from northbound Guinea Road to eastbound Little River Turnpike
- Adding a pedestrian island at the southern end of the intersection
The project also created a new through/right-turn lane via restriping on eastbound Little River Turnpike between Guinea Road and Old Hickory Road.
Within the project limits, Little River Turnpike averages 41,000 vehicles a day and Guinea Road averages 9,400.
Preliminary Engineering - $164,000
Construction - $202,000
Total - $366,000
The project is financed with state funding.
The project aims to improve driver and pedestrian safety and improve traffic flow.
Virtual Public Information Meeting - March 2021
Begin Construction - April 2021
Improvements Open - June 2021
Final Completion - Summer 2021
Jessica Paris, P.E.
Other relevant links:
Improvements Open News Release - June 2021
Project Plans - January 2021
Aerial Display - September 2020
Major funding source: State
Phase: Under Construction
Lat/Long: 38.83839, -77.25140