VDOT News - Northern Virginia
Kathleen Leonard 703-638-9115
Mike Murphy 703-638-8547
March 9, 2021
Fox Mill Road and Pinecrest Road Intersection Improvements Virtual Public Information Meeting March 15
Participate and give feedback online; learn more at virginiadot.org/FoxMillPinecrest
HERNDON – The Virginia Department of Transportation will hold a virtual public information meeting Monday, March 15 on plans to improve the intersection of Fox Mill Road (Route 665) and Pinecrest Road.
The preliminary design improvements include:
- Installing a traffic signal
- Constructing left-turn lanes on northbound and southbound Fox Mill Road
The Fox Mill Road intersection averages 13,000 vehicles a day and Pinecrest Road averages up to 2,500.
The project is financed with Fairfax County funding.
In lieu of an in-person meeting, VDOT invites residents and travelers to learn more, participate in the virtual meeting and give feedback in the following ways through Thursday, March 25:
- Attend the Monday, March 15 online meeting. Register at org/FoxMillPinecrest or to participate without registering in listen-only mode, call 866-692-4530 (use access code 185-956-5479). The project team will make a short presentation beginning at 7 p.m. and answer questions for about an hour after the presentation. In case an alternate date is needed, the meeting will be held Monday, March 22.
- Provide comments via the online survey or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail comments to Mr. Christopher Barksdale, P.E., Virginia Department of Transportation, 4975 Alliance Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030.
The recording and meeting materials will be available on the project page after the meeting at virginiadot.org/FoxMillPinecrest.
VDOT ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact VDOT Civil Rights at 703-259-1775.
Follow VDOT Northern Virginia on Twitter: @vadotnova
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.