VDOT’s Annual Budget for Fiscal Year 2022
The Fiscal Year 2022 budget for the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) identifies the estimated revenues and the distribution of the revenues to the related transportation programs.
It is based on the interim state revenue forecast from February 2021 and estimated federal funding.
The VDOT Budget for Fiscal Year 2022 totals $7,228,887,690 a 3.4 percent increase from the Fiscal Year 2021 Budget of $6,992,613,613.
The change from the previous year represents reduced expectations for project participation from others, the addition of anticipated financing for the Interstate 81 Corridor, as well as the addition of one-time .revenues from the 2021 Transportation Initiative, which included state and federal funding (Chapter 552, Item 447.10, 2021 Special Session I).
- $387.4 million – Debt service
- $2.2 billion – Road maintenance and operations (includes city and county street payments)
- $665.7 million – Support to other agencies, tolls, administration and other programs
- $176.6 million – Public Transportation and Rail
- $3.0 billion – Construction
- $752.8 million – Funding dedicated to Northern Virginia, Hampton Roads and Central Virginia Regions for local and regional transportation projects
$7.2 billion – Total VDOT annual budget